Thursday 8 March 2012

New African Fashion

British born but my parents are from West Africa,Ghana. For this reason I was brought up knowing the African culture and it's fashion, however I never embraced it as I felt it was not on trend.
To my surprise, over the years African Fashion has immensely involved and become accepted world wide.
Top designers like London based Burberry and New York based Marc McNairy are showcasing African prints/fabrics and celebrities are wearing African Prints.

African Fashion is now taking a global approach. By fusing local and international inspirations, designers are offering the fashion world something new so keep an eye out!!!

                                                           SS12 Burberry Catwalk
                                                        Solange Knowles wearing Burberry SS12

                                            Chloe Kardashian in an african print skirt

                                            Beyonce in a traditional african head piece.
                                         





3 comments:

  1. 'Khloe Kardash..' Looks Georg

    ReplyDelete
  2. African Fashion is the one!! I'm loving all the prints. Its nice to see the fashion industry embracing our culture but I think African designers need to be at the forefront of this and take ownership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These African Fashion dress are very old here check out new dashing and beautiful Exotic Style Clothing. I hope you would like.

    ReplyDelete